Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Shifting House

We have known since we purchased our house that foundations are an issue in Texas. Today we had a man come and check it out and see what kind of shape our foundation is in. He measured and our bedroom (master) is 1 inch below the living room. I wonder what it would be in August or September after days of no rain and lots of heat. We haven't had much rain but at least it hasn't been 100+ degrees.

It also reminds me, when I am laying in the grass pulling weeds, that I can be so thankful that my life's foundation is not sinking. Jesus is a solid foundation, even when my emotions are riding the waves of life. I am trying to start listening to the pastor's sermons at TBC. Today, he was talking about Exodus 1 from February 3. His final statement struck me: "Do you know who your God is?" The way for me to know God is to spend time in his presence. I don't spend much time there... I have all kinds of excuses. But all of them are meaningless in light of eternity. I need to spend time in God's word so that I may know him and so that I may know, without a shadow of a doubt, that my God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He will never leave me, nor forsake me for anything or anyone.

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

But things like death and principalities and powers and things to come can be scary. I must know who my God is so that I may trust in his unending love for me.

No comments: