Monday, August 22, 2011

Not Back to School Party =D

Every year our beloved homeschool group has a "Not Back to School" party to celebrate not returning to school. It is humorous to me because I love not having to send my kid(s) back to school. We basically do our school work year round anyway at this point so summer doesn't really mean no school. But it was a good reason to get together with friends and play. The temp today was over 100F again so that was nothing new. It was HOT on the playground but we had a good time running and playing with folks that we had missed over the summer. I am also reminded that co-op starts in 3 weeks and I *have* to get on the ball and order my supplies and my chemistry book.

I just finished a 3 day work weekend and am so darn glad to be home. I have been working too much this spring and summer and am ready to slow down. We aren't saving any more money with me working more so I would rather just stay home and spend less (read yarn diet for me).

Skunk is talking up a storm still. It was nap time and she was so tired at the park she was laying her head on my lap. I told her "get your shoes, they are right over there in the rocks." She raised her head, looked at me and said "can't find 'em" and laid back down. She was so cute.

No comments: