Monday, April 30, 2012

Birdies Vests

I love to knit...  I am an active member of www.ravelry.com and one of the groups that I am in has been having a knit a-long (KAL) for a particular dyer of yarn. I have collected much of this dyer's beautiful work but have been too chicken to actually knit it. This KAL was great impetus to start on fall knitting and get it done. I usually struggle with getting a christmas picture done (matching outfits, getting all 4 of us in the same frame, etc). So I took this KAL as an opportunity to knit matching vests for my girls and have them done early. I still need to knit me something (probably a shawlette) to add the colorway to me. I don't thing Computer Man wants an item knit in a girlie colorway to wear... maybe he will. ;) Anywho, these are my, um, my girls' vests...


You can see that they were thrilled to be wearing them... thrilled to be still... thrilled to have their mother take their picture. Ah, well, at least they stood still and wore the vests. I need to get zippers sewn in but the knitting is done.

Bear came home from Friend's house with a toad this afternoon. Her friend "let" Bear have the toad for the first night of captivity. Said toad's name is Bob. Yes, Bob. We put Bob in the wading pool and watched him swim, climb the slide, chirp wildly in a panic and be handled by a preadolescent female child. We came in and read about caring for toads. Bob was desperately trying to get out of the bug house. Bear wanted to allow him to hop around the floor (in the house) and be happy. She couldn't fathom that he would hop to the nearest place to hide and disappear forever (to starve in the house). I called Friend's mother and explained that we don't have an aquarium nor anything to feed Bob. The mother agreed that we could bring him back and put him where he was discovered. When we walked back down to Friend's house, Friend was in trouble. She had already been told to observe the wild creatures and put them back where they were found. She had been specifically told this about Bob and she chose to "keep" him as a pet anyway. Friend was crying because she got in trouble and Bob is back in his water meter home. I hope Friend isn't terribly upset with Bear. I just couldn't imagine Bob being caught all night without food or water in a tiny insect box. Ah, the trials of childhood...

No comments: