Monday, November 19, 2007

More about Squash!

Well, butternut squash is too closely related to pumpkin... H and I both had many IgG allergies. H has 73 positive results out of 96 and I had close to 40 positives. There are so many foods that we can't even try due to this. But evidently summer squash is far enough from pumpkin to try. And it seems to be going decently enough. H had leftover squash from supper last night for lunch today.

We spent the weekend in Dallas with Nana and Pawpaw. I had several things on my list: going to Whole Foods, getting new stainless steel pots/pans and just being out. I will remember for a long time that "just being out" makes me terribly sick now. Being in the mall for 45 minutes has been enough to make me feel awful and exhausted for 2 days now. No wonder work just puts me under the weather! On a good note though, T and I picked out 2 stainless steel All-Clad pans. I am excited. I have been wanting to get rid of my non-stick ones for a while but needed to research. At all the opinion pages, many stainless sets were rated decently but All-Clad were rated as "the last cookware I will have to buy!" That is what I want. I don't want the thrill of new cookware, I want to buy the best and never buy again. =D

H is clamoring to watch a "Murder, She Wrote" so I must go and be a mom. I love every bit of her, except when she wakes up in the night multiple times...

No comments: