Tuesday, November 03, 2009

How long, O Lord?

Well, Skunk has been on Neocate for about 4 weeks. She has steadily been declining back to screaming and not sleeping. So she does eat and then starts screaming at us again. I am so frustrated, angry, disappointed, you name it. This just stinks. There are no other words to describe having to walk the floor while your baby screams and screams and apparently hurts or feels bad and you can't change it one iota. I am so glad that I didn't know that the next baby would be the same as the first. I seriously don't think I would have done this again if I had known. My life is not sleeping, carrying a baby, hands and wrists hurting from holding and mind rolling and raving - trying to figure out what in the name of heaven is hurting my baby.

My hope is nothing less than eternity and the saving blood of Jesus Christ. King David said it better than I ever could:

Psalm 13

1How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.

No comments: