Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ups and Downs

We continue to have ups and downs here. I have been slack about posting. Skunk is doing decently on Neocate but it is not the answer to all our difficulties by any means. The only thing it accomplishes is that I am out of the loop on causing her to react. But she doesn't get as many calories as she cannot tolerate a typical amount of Neocate. But it will sustain her and let her grow. I continue to make a daily effort at being thankful. I told Bear today that she wasn't as stable as Skunk is now until she was 4 years old. It took us that long to unwind and unravel all her triggers and problems. With God's help, Skunk hopefully will be better off and Bear can continue to heal.

I am back at work in the ED and loving it. We have quite a few more people working than when I left so getting enough shifts is actually a problem. I had to talk to our managing doc and let him know that I need 4-5 shifts a month. He is going to work with me and see if we can keep me working. I love the ED work so much more than the nursing homes. I am going to attempt to keep seeing nursing home patients at least until April and make sure that things are working out in the ED.

Skunk is not sleeping well enough for me to work later night shifts and still get some sleep. She is very typically up about 430 or 5am and she and I walk the floor and then sometimes I can go back to sleep on the couch with her on my chest. Sometimes I can't go back to sleep so I walk or rock in the rocker and pray. Sure has gone a long way to keeping me humble and before my Lord. Ironic... ;) God uses our precious little ones to draw us to himself in so many ways.

I will leave you with a picture of my life's work... to God be the glory, great things HE has done!


No comments: