Monday, October 22, 2007

Our Improvement on GF/DF++ Dietary Change

An update on our progress for my journal...

H is doing well, though still affected by chemicals. Perfumes and printing ink are particularly bad but we try to avoid most chemical exposures. Prior to the program, H could only go outside 2-3 times weekly. If we went out more, she would start with subtle symptoms of an amine reaction and night waking was first to occur. She would also be defiant, argumenative and grouchy, not very obedient, and she usually is obedient. Also, with the least chemical exposure, she would drastically reduce her limited food intake and struggle greatly with reflux symptoms, waking at night screaming and gulping and miserable. She and I had such horrid gut reactions that we had to be inside our home for several hours before we could eat... otherwise we would experience diarrhea, horrid gas, those reflux symptoms.

Since the program, we are out every day, multiple times daily. We walk the dog, play outside all afternoon, attend park days with the local homeschool group, etc. We also can picnic and take our food with us. This is absolutely miraculous in my humble opinion. We are not limited to hiding indoors and away from people all the time. I still must be careful with the chemical exposures for her as she then can only nibble at her food and refuses some things all together. We can now tolerate some meats from the organic grocery (chicken with quick turnover) and that makes life so much easier for me.

We are going on a field trip with our homeschool friends to a pumpkin patch 1.5 hours drive away on Monday! It is H's first field trip, made possible by PF and God's grace! I think I am more excited right now than she is because I know how far we have come.

I truly was prepared for the worst when it came to starting the program and was terrified of the effect on H. She is slowly healing, each day/week brings improvement as I look back. We are still on our original list of foods but have recently grown mung bean sprouts and tried turnips. I love having tea every 2nd day (WHOOOOO) and salad is marvelous. Crunchy cereal is our favorite and we live on it!

I am not an adventerous cook so our diet is not as exciting as some but H doesn't like exciting things! =) Maybe dh and I will branch out as we start adding more things in. He is picky about his veggies and we are all sad that okra is out of season here.

Our results are far beyond what I could have hoped for as I was totally afraid to hope after 5 years of disappointment. We have been in the kingdom for 3 months and I daily look back in wonder at our healing, no short of a miracle!

No comments: