Thursday, August 31, 2006

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching. -- Satchel Paige

I have seen this quote before and liked it but today it just struck me. Living life and being a bit jaded now that I am not so young (LOL), sometimes I do go to work for money but I still love getting to go to work. It is hard to love like you have never been hurt as most of us have had at least our feelings hurt by a spouse, parent or child. The hardest is to dance and enjoy life at a slower pace and not to care about other people watching. I am going to try and remember this quote.

One of my favorite parts of the Bible to think about is the "greatest commandment" that Jesus set forth: Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul and strength. God's law and requirements for us are higher and better (and more difficult) than any great quote by any man. How can I love God with all of my heart, soul and strength? Only with the help of the Holy Spirit and lots of prayer... flat on my face, prostrate before the throne of Almighty God.

No comments: